Mark Forsling has practiced law his entire professional career at Schreeder, Wheeler & Flint, LLP. He is experienced in zoning, land use, business litigation and real estate transactions. Mark's practice includes the representation of outdoor advertising companies, office, residential and retail landowners, developers of solid waste landfills and quarry owners and operators. He has represented local governments in defending land use decisions and plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Mark has written numerous articles and participated in a variety of seminars on land use and zoning and the impact of the free speech clause of the First Amendment on sign control legislation.
- Successfully represented Outdoor Advertising Association of Georgia in defending amendments to the Outdoor Advertising Control Act against constitutional challenges in City of Columbus v. Georgia Department of Transportation, 292 Ga. 878, (2013). These amendments enlarged the viewing zone on state rights-of-way allowed to be cleared around billboards and altered the number and type of trees which may be removed to increase visibility.
- Successfully represented billboard companies before Georgia Supreme Court on First Amendment and vested rights issues in Action Outdoor Advertising v. Fulton County, 289 Ga. 347 (2011) and Galberaith v. Fulton County, 282 Ga. 314 (2007).
- Successfully represented landowners and applicants before local governing bodies and courts seeking rezonings, variances, land use permits, sign permits and plat approvals.
- Participated in obtaining solid waste, construction and demolition landfill permits and mining permits from the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1980, cum laude
- University of Georgia, A.B., 1977, magna cum laude and with general honors
|Admitted||Affiliations & Memberships|
|State Bar of Georgia||Atlanta History Center, President's Corporate Council|
|United States Supreme Court||Atlanta Bar Association|
|United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit||Phi Beta Kappa|
|United States District Court||Order of the Coif|
|for the Northern District of Georgia||Law clerk to Judge Charles A. Moye, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court,|
|United States District Court||Northern District of Georgia, 1980-82|
|for the Middle District of Georgia||Lawyers Club of Atlanta|
|Supreme Court of Georgia||Old Warhorse Lawyers Club|
|Court of Appeals of Georgia||Gridiron Secret Society|
|Superior Courts of Georgia|
|Office of State Administrative Hearings|
Martindale Hubble Rating
AV Peer Review Rated